Now I join the madding throng sitting down and frantically hacking at their keyboards as they complete their final posts for 2007. I must say that I have had a good year. It has definitely had its ups and downs especially for other family members but for me it has mostly had ups.
- Getting married to the most beautiful girl in the world and my soulmate, Janita.
- Honeymooning at Tenahead.
- Christmas holiday at home in Port Elizabeth.
- Flying from Linköping to the east coast of Sweden and returning in the most gorgeous sunset I have ever seen.
- Our new house in Pretoria.
- Skiing in Sälen, Sweden.
- Flying the Skyhawk during lunch breaks.
- My birthday: camping and hiking in the rain at Mountain Sanctuary Park.
- The Lion King.
- Returning to Linköping in November (even though it was such a short visit).
And now the countdown continues and hopefully dinner will be served soon. Its 21:15 here right now so 2h45min left to go till 2008. I wish you all the best and hope that you have a happy and prosperous year and many thereafter.
Happy new year
P.S. If any of you reading this are going to be standing next to the tower in Trädjordföreningen, Linköping, I will be thinking of you. I was there this time last year and although I was very lonely, it was by far the best fireworks display I have ever seen. 270 degrees of fireworks… quite a show!